Writer - Alan Van

Untitled - 2013

1) I believe 
that the sun says, “Good morning,”
sarcastically. 
At 6 AM
he raises his fingers
and outlines my chest
and whispers, “Today, I will
shine for you again”
But when 7 PM comes
all I can hear 
are his promises
bleeding through the windows.
He whispers, “I will love you again tomorrow.”
But by midnight he is just a dream.
2) Today arrives
and I see him dancing
with another person.
(I am broken)
For me
the only good thing
about this morning
was knowing that 
there was a tonight.



Untitled - 2013



Winter is

a bare tree.

Loosely rooted with
fragile bark, skinny branches
reaching towards the sky but
they are frozen.

40 mph winds

crashing against

prickly skin.

I am winter.

And my biggest mistake
was falling in love
with disaster.



Alan Van






No comments:

Post a Comment