Photographer - Bae Seungbin

Don't you love waking up in the morning?
Personally... I don't.
But imagine this if you will.

"Waking up to the fog dancing upon the evergreen from outside your log cabin window. The sun rising; the colors enhancing the already tantalizing beauty, you take in a solid deep breath and release it back into the strange world. Your mind, body, and soul feel invigorated."

Well that's how I feel about South Korean photographer Seungbin Bae, I am truly delighted to feature this talented photographer on the curation.




Who are you? Where are you from? What is your background?

I am Seungbin Bae, a photographer in Korea, and also I use the nickname ColdBlueLuna. I'm working for some magazines as a freelancer. In fact, I wanted to become a industrial designer, but now I'm taking pictures because, I think, photography is a really attractive medium. So, I'm only concentrating on photography.



(fall of 2012; Bae Seungbin)



What comes to your mind when making an image?

Firstly, I'm thinking specific concept or mood when I'm planing to take a shot or grab a camera. Such as dreamlike concept or just perfect composition of sceneries. These are one of my aims. But, the most important that I think when I take picture is how can I correct my mistake and lack of the last time.
Because I'm still not be enough, I need to work harder and experience more and widely, so later on I can step forward. In other words, 'more and more and more'.


What is another favorite past time besides photography?


Mostly, I listen music and going to watch concert, especially indie music in Korea. Music is my part of my life. I really love base guitar sound. Also, I’m interested in writing. So, sometimes I post on my blog photography with writing. In fact photography was my big hobby, but it became my work. So now I'm looking for other substitution.  



(Early summer 2013; Bae Seungbin)



(Spring of 2013; Bae Seungbin)



What is your favorite subject to photograph? People or Still Life? And why?

I’m interested in everything and every subject that I can take with my camera, no matter if it’s documentary or products shoots for commercials, or personal fine art. However, I like to take human portraits the most among many other subjects.I’m taking photographs, but still I feel difficulties with them. Photography is not just taking it. I think, communion and understanding, is more important for all subjects. So everything is different through each sight. Also I like to show and find someone's inner themselves.


(left: Dahee Kim / right: Yejin Kim; Bae Seungbin)



Favorite Photographers? Artists?

If someone ask me about this question, I can answer without hesitation Sarah Moon. Her photography has softness and roughness. Also I can find erotic mood and kindness in her photography. I pursue impractical and ideal things than practical things. By the way, her works and my taste that I said coincide. So, I cannot help loving her photography.



(Early summer 2013; Bae Seungbin)


This is my blog address. You can see more various works of mine such as candid photos and magazine works. Mostly, I update all of magazine works, and selective my private candid photography. I'm still a fledgling photographer, but please keep watching my steps.
Thank you.


Bae Seungbin




No comments:

Post a Comment