Photographer - Sandra Lara

I always say to myself when I make images,
"I want to make people feel (insert emotion)".

If I can't make myself feel anything then I have failed in the image making process.
I was trying to go for a dramatic mood with the bold, italic, underlined look...

And with the next feature on As One Curation, I genuinely felt (insert emotion) about spanish portrait photographer Sandra Lara.




Where do you draw inspiration from? What perks your senses to create?


My inspiration comes from very different sources; I mean, sometimes I feel inspired by little tiny things, as objects, potential attrezzo pieces or even a feeling about something, and other times I feel moved by big concepts, as freedom, love or disappointment.
I deeply believe in spontaneity and I the "go with the flow" concept. I may watch a movie and get an idea from that, or even from a person. It is like a sparkle, I think, I try to be moved by that.
On the other hand, women, in general, inspire me. I feel very engaged with feminism and I like to show a special kind of woman in my works. She is a woman who dreams, who knows herself and who fights to be the person she wants to be, apart from any preset image, social conditioning or beauty issue.


(Rapture; Sandra Lara)


What has been your most amazing moment in your art career?

 Difficult... I could not really say... Maybe my first exhibition. It was here, in my city (Malaga, Spain) as part of a collective photographic exhibition with other photographers in my town. Also, the first time I sold a photo, for a magazine here in Spain. However, to be honest, I always try to live photography as the first time, so I usually find every moment amazing, from the shooting of a session 'till the moment I post a work.



What is your musical taste like?
I think I have a very eclectic taste... I feel very attracted by grunge rock, by groups like Pearl Jam, and also british pop and alternative rock, even electronic music. My favorite groups are Radiohead, Coldplay, Sigur Ros, Björk, The Killers, The Divine Comedy, David Bowie, Young the Giant, Jeff Buckley, Music is as essential for me as photography is.




(Works of Altitude; Sandra Lara)


What are some words you'd pass on to your past self?

Be always transparent and live the present, regardless others may think or say. Be honest to yourself in every single moment of your life, there is no other way to be happy.



Sandra Lara



No comments:

Post a Comment